• October 2014
  • January 2014
  • May 2013
  • January 2013
  • June 2012
  • February 2012
  • Colorado Sun Camp 2012 Update

    Posted on: June 24th, 2012

    Dear Sangha and Sun Camp Families:

    As most of you know the High Park fire has been burning southeast of Shambhala Mountain Center for the past two weeks. Although, fortunately, SMC has thus far remained outside of the burn zone, the entire area is under pre-evacuation warning and enduring poor air quality. Current programming has been cancelled or moved off the land, and it is still uncertain which, if any, programs SMC will be able to host this summer.

    The Sun Camp Leadership Group continues to get as much information as possible and is staying informed about day-to-day changes related to the fire and SMC. At this point we want to let you know that we are considering whether or not to hold camp at SMC this summer. In order to help facilitate alternate planning, any changes to our regular programming and schedule will be sent out as soon as possible. Currently we plan to make a decision early next week and will send out information about particulars then.

    Thank you for your patience at this uncertain time.
    PLEASE DIRECT ANY QUESTIONS TO SMC@SHAMBHALASUNCAMP.ORG.

    The Sun Camp Leadership Group